//= $siteAssets ?>
Master Demand Planning, Forecasting and S&OP with IBF
Accelerate your career growth, leadership opportunities, marketability, and job security
Validate your professional experience, knowledge, and skill-sets in the field
Build confidence knowing that you’re prepared for today’s rapidly changing marketplace
Complement your supply chain education & certifications with IBF
Become more recognized at your company, as well as in the field
Save time and resources as IBF certified individuals are pre-qualified, allowing you to quickly identify the right person for an S&OP or forecasting/demand planning job
Gain assurance that an IBF Certified individual has the background to help improve forecasting performance and hit the ground running
Increase the value of your forecasting and demand planning staff, department, and company
Save time and resources in training — CPF or ACPF professionals already have a verified body of knowledge
And much more!
A starting point for students as they enter the job market. Exam 1, 2 & 3
Earned by passing exam 1, 2 & 3
After receiving CPF, earned by passing exam 4 & 5
There are three ways an individual can be eligible for the Certification program.
1) The potential candidate must have at least a Bachelor's degree and one year of professional experience in Business Forecasting and Planning.
2) If the individual does not have a Bachelor's degree, two years of professional experience in Business Forecasting and Planning can fulfill the eligibility requirement.
3) For students or those new to practicing forecasting & planning, you can earn a CPF-C by passing the exams. Then, once you complete 1 year of professional experience, we can upgrade you to full CPF status.
4) Your of proof of eligibility could be in the form of a letter from your employer stating that you have worked in the business forecasting field as X (position) for Y amount of years in Z (company).
What you Need to Know about Demand Planning, Forecasting, and S&OP
Data Management and time Series Forecasting Modeling
Reporting, Presenting, New Product Forecasting and Planning
Forecast Modeling (Advanced)
Technology and Worst Practices in Forecasting & Planning
Study material for this course is available for purchase. Please click here to purchase our "Fundamentals of Demand Planning & Forecasting" text book. The textbook includes an outline of what is covered for each exam. (Most professionals register for Exams 1, 2, & 3 for CPF or Exams 4 & 5 for ACPF all at once).
There are online exams on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month except on US Holidays.
This book will cover most of the material for the exams.
However, there is no single book available that covers everything about business forecasting & planning. It is assumed the candidate has prior knowledge and experience in the area.
IBF certification is valid for a period of 4 years.
After a 4 year term it becomes necessary to re-certify in order to ensure that the professional maintains adequate experience and training in the area of Forecasting and Planning.
This means keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in methods, processes, approaches, systems, and more.
For Recertification, professionals are required to accumulate 40 continuing education points to maintain a CPF designation and 50 points for ACPF.
Re-certification points are earned by attending demand planning, forecasting, S&OP, analytics, and supply chain related conferences, workshops, training, and courses, or any other related activities within the four year time frame.. Once it has been documented that the required points have been earned, the IBF will
Re-taking all relevant certification exams is also an acceptable way to re-certify.
Recertification Fee: (After every four years of possessing the CPF or ACPF)
IBF Member: $50, Non-Member: $75
* Capped at a maximum of 20 and 25 points for CPF and ACPF respectively.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter